While outsourcing the development of a website or Ecommerce store, there are usually two options: hire a freelance developer or a web development company. Here is a brief comparison of the two routes.
- Limited resources in terms of hardware, network, and power backup
- Experience with only one or a few technologies. Cannot fully meet today’s web standards.
- Maybe a moonlighter or part-timer may face time constraints. Consequently, your project may run into delays and cost overruns.
- No backup in case of sickness or emergency. Can cause serious delays.
- Security can be a serious issue
- May or may not offer cost advantage vs. Quality, considering a website is a serious business proposition.
Web Development Company
- Higher availability of hardware, network, and power backup
- Has more personnel experienced in various technologies to deliver better web experience and business standards
- Companies employ full-timers who work under a formal, structured company regime. Ability to meet agreed-on timelines.
- A company hires many people and can quickly assign replacements to fill short or long-term absences. Timely delivery.
- As an established business concern, a web development company has a serious stake in securing your trade secrets.
- Costs may be very marginally more than freelancers, but far less compared to in-house development. Superior quality is essential to achieving business goals.