A Glimpse of the POSH App
The Posh app is an online platform that serves as a secure bulletin board to buy and sell branded clothes, handbags, makeup & perfumes, accessories, and shoes. IT makes extravagant brands like Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Christian Dior, Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Balenciaga, Fendi, Saint Laurent, Valentino, Michael Kors, etc. accessible at a cheaper price as the resale value can be low by 80-90% based on seller’s discretion. The idea was to build a platform where only authentic and branded products are exchanged. You can sell your item easily and get the best deal for it with this app. The app is functional all over Russian and available in English and Russian languages.
Narola Infotech is an Information Technology based Outsourcing company that provides Software solutions, Technical Solutions to complex business problems, and needs. Narola infotech serves a vast number of services like Enterprise Services, Web Development, Mobile App, and Game Development serving in all domains and technologies.
- The app was a unique concept as it had users listing down their items, unlike the regular e-commerce app development where an admin is responsible for listing products or services.
- Various suitable filters of sizes, categories, colours to be implemented for every type of item as the product could be anything from clothes to shoes, to makeup and perfumes.
- The app is only for branded products. Thus, it’s payments and authenticity were the highest priority for users to develop complete trust.
- The app was to be developed on both iOS and Android platforms.
Functional & Operational Challenge
- Implementing the shipping and tracking feature was the biggest challenge as the app to be developed required complete functionality in Russia. We did not have any shipping information easily available beforehand.
- The app is supposed to work seamlessly in both English and Russian languages.
- Reviewing the payment functionality was also an issue as the live card of our country would not work for it.
- The technical issues were resolved by close co-ordination and co-operation with our client who provided us the video of how he is able to carry out shipment and tracking in the app.
- Similarly, the payment features were also reviewed by videos. This procedure was successful in helping us remove all the bugs from time to time.
- The Posh app was successfully implemented on both the iOS and Android platforms.
- It was made functional in English and Russian language.
- Secure transactions were ensured using the “SAFECROW” service.
- Shipment and tracking were made possible with the conjunction of the best logistics company SDEK.
The project “POSH app” development was successfully developed and delivered within a short time frame of 8 months on the Android platform and 1 year for iOS. The project was overall worked upon for nearly 2 years with regular upgradations.
The app is aesthetically pleasing and has great UI/UX developed for it. All the filters and features worked perfectly supported in both the languages. The payment gateway and the shipment are both securely implemented. The app is used by a wide audience all over Russia to buy original branded products in resale at a surprisingly low price. With more than 10,000+ active users, this app receives product listings every day and has a trusted customer base.