A Glimpse of the Keybee App
This keyboard is built with an intention to aid single-handed typing with mobile phones. The Qwerty- keypad technology was developed keeping in mind for improving the function of a typewriter. It is suitable for a computer or laptop too. But, with newer gadgets, especially the mobile phone that is structurally small, a keyboard that optimizes space and gives ease of typing was indeed a novel development.
Narola Infotech is an Information Technology based Outsourcing company that provides Software solutions, Technical Solutions to complex business problems and needs. Narola infotech serves a vast number of services like Enterprise Services, Web Development, Mobile App, and Game Development serving in all domains and technologies.
- To develop a functional keyboard for both Android and iOS platforms.
- Build the keyboard on the based layout with all technical features included like “Twipe”, theme selection, 5 languages-based layouts.
- Provide support for up-gradation from time to time for bug fixes if any and adding more features like emoticons.
Functional & Operational Challenge
- In the process of development, we received feedback from users from time to time, and fixing them immediately would always be a priority. Understanding the bug and fixing it was challenging.
- The emoticons were not present initially. Adding them and making it accessible along with the latest ones was undertaken.
- Auto-correction and predictive algorithm was to be implemented in the unique layout.
- Making the look and feel of the hexagonal keys comfortable for the user. Since ease of typing was the prime goal.
- The major part of developing this app was setting the hexagonal keys. Enabling the functions of a regular keypad in the hexagonal layout was resolved by keeping the images intact and attributing clicks and swipe functions to it.
- Based on user feedback, regular amendments were made in the layout and consequently in development like accessing a few characters.
- The successful implementation of the Keybee app on both the Android and iOS platforms was accomplished.
- Multiple languages supported layout was implemented.
- The app was made functional with all the attractive themes and layouts.
- The project was smoothly implemented in a limited time frame and within a budget.
- Many bugs and fixes were resolved from time to time during development as per the client’s requirements.
We were able to successfully build the “Keybee” keyboard up to the mark based on the ideation by our client for the layout. This keyboard is well functional on all smartphones, tablets and touchscreen devices. The app has received more than 50,000+ successful installs and is growing each day. It was successfully implemented for both Android and iOS technologies.
We did not just stick to the initial brief, the regular updation of ideas and other upgradations from the client was welcomed as we understood that this valuable feedbacks would only make the product even better. Our goal at Narola has always been 100% client satisfaction.
This was a unique concept that had some unencountered challenges. Our team of expert app-developers successfully tackled and addressed each of them and developed the product in phases within the minimal time-frame of 3.5 months.