A Glimpse of the Gofer App
Gofer is a remarkable food delivery app that connects users, restaurants, and drivers. It makes the whole food delivery process transparent and reliable. The user can place orders, make payments, track their food, receive online receipts, avail discounts & offers, etc., all within a single app. The most remarkable feature of the app is that the user can add their local shops missing in the system and also order from multiple restaurants at the same time. A single order is to be placed for food from multiple restaurants.
Narola Infotech is an enterprise software development company that provides customized IT solutions among other extensive technical solutions to complex business problems and needs. Narola Infotech caters to a vast number of services like Enterprise Solutions, Web Development, Mobile App, Automation & ML, product engineering, and developing on-demand software products serving in all domains and technologies.
- Build and set up a customized order request mechanism to suit the unique features.
- Since the user makes a single order even though the restaurants may be multiple, the payment of driver a store (restaurants) was to be managed via a CMS panel.
- Reduce complexities with an optimal solution and create an easy user interface that is aesthetically pleasing and equally functional.
- The app was to be developed on both iOS and Android platforms.
Functional & Operational Challenge
- The client would pass on the real-time scenarios which helped the app to be developed better with advanced features. We had to come up with instant solutions to implement such possibilities.
- One of the biggest challenges was to prepare a database that is working with multiple store ordering systems with recurring orders too.
- Creating an operational and customized payment functionality was also a tough task as there was a specific calculation method for different orders based on the client’s needs.
- The technical issues were resolved by close co-ordination and co-operation with our client who provided us clarity about the features required in the app from time to time.
- Mock real-time testing of the complete app as a user, supplier, and driver.
- Focus on developing a CMS database that can handle varying inputs of new restaurants, drivers added regularly. Enabling activities like storing personal data including address & contact number, adding/deleting records, etc
- The Gofer app was successfully implemented on both the iOS and Android platforms.
- Modules for Supplier & user as well as drivers were created successfully.
- Secure transactions were ensured and the challenging task of custom calculations was accomplished.
- Tracking delivery and driver position with GPS permissions was implemented.
The successful design, development, and implementation of the Gofers app was carried out. The one of a kind feature that allows users to place orders for food from multiple restaurants in a single order was successfully accomplished. It was tried and tested before moving forward to the deployment process. The database was fully functional and worked smoothly with multiple store ordering systems with recurring orders. The order request mechanism was set up and payment was calculated in an error-free way despite the complexities.
The supplier had the complete idea and control of the activities corresponding to their accounts. The users now enjoy the food delivery app as it works flawlessly and is very interactive. The response has been great and we are humbly pleased to have developed this product.