Difference Between Online And Offline SEO
It is very important to optimize the websites. They help to make websites appealing to search engines. SEO company or Search Engine Optimization service provider use the best strategies to improve the ranking of the website. They try to display it among the top ranking websites on the search engine result pages (SERP). Do you know what is online SEO and Offline SEO?
There are two types of SEO techniques:
- Online SEO
- Offline SEO
Online SEO and Offline SEO are also known as On-Page and Off-Page SEO. These are the most important techniques to generate traffic to your website.
What is Online SEO?
Online SEO, also known as On-Page SEO, is the SEO that you do on your actual website or a blog. Online SEO needs constant changes in order to improve the ranking on SERP. The popular ways of the search engines to rank the website is by looking the prominence and frequency of particular keywords and phrases on various aspects of your site and assigning an appropriate degree of weight according to it.
More importance is given to the keywords and phrases used in places such as title, headings, domain names and images. These elements have to be search-engine friendly. You should employ the words and phrases in these places that are highly important to your site. You should not stuff too many keywords. Keyword stuffing is considered a black-hat technique which will badly affect the ranking of your website.
The main components of the Online SEO are as below:
- Title of the page
- Images and pictures
- Meta tags and description
- URL structure and domain information
- Quality content
- Internal and External links
It is also important to consider the size of the website. It should not be very large or very small.
What is Offline SEO?
Offline SEO, also known as Off-Page SEO, depends on another web page to improve the ranking of your site or blog. It deals in building quality links to your website. With high-quality links, you can rank your website higher. Offline SEO also includes setting up social media marketing, social bookmarking and quality link building.
- Social Media Marketing: You can set-up your business accounts on various social media platforms to market your business. Social media marketing is the most efficient tool of Off-Page SEO. It can generate a lot of traffic to your website. An effective social media marketing will make your profile attractive and will enable people to visit you. It is the most efficient way to promote your business.
- Social Bookmarking: Social bookmarks can be passed to infinite users and can generate high traffic to your website. Search engines index top bookmarking websites which can help your website to rank higher. You can generate backlinks to your content. It is a great brand building tool and your content can get viral if it is shared widely.
- Link Building: The ranking of the website depends upon the quality of the links, and not the quantity of the links. The links pointed towards your website should come from the top rated sites. Adding external links to your website can improve the ranking of your website too.
Offline SEO also includes Forum posting, PPC ads, article writing, questions and answers, classified submissions, etc.
Online and Offline SEO are the two most important techniques to improve the rank of your website. Use the keywords effectively and make optimum use of the social media platforms to increase traffic and rank higher in SERP.