Node.js has proved to be a reliable framework over time. With its growing popularity among developers, it will soon be at the forefront of the development business, powering 60-70 percent of online apps. The best thing about Node.js is that it is really inexpensive, and anyone can use it. Furthermore, it is simple and easy to learn. Every Node js developer will be delighted to welcome the new node.js trends.
Let’s take a look at what these trends are.
Latest Node.js Trends
1. GraphQL: Alternative to RESTful API
GraphQL is a query language with the help of which a client can request data from the server, and the server will respond with a JSON answer to the query. JSON is a file format for storing data in an orderly and accessible manner. It provides a logically accessible collection of data that is human-readable. It’s worth noting that the customer has the ability to specify exactly what they require, and they will receive only that.
Over the last two years, GraphQL has exploded in popularity. It has been the preferred option across the world if someone wants to develop a Node.js app due to its ability to simplify workflow across different platforms.
Why GraphQL is the Best Alternative for RESTful API
- Endpoints are accessed by apps that use REST APIs. The JSON format will be used to return all of the data from that URL. Over-fetching and under-fetching occur, as a result, causing scalability and performance concerns.
- Developers can create API calls that suit their particular data requirements using GraphQL’s queries, schemas, and resolvers. GraphQL overcomes the over-fetching and under-fetching problems in this way.
- When the app requires fast iterations on the frontend, creating the endpoints according to the view in the application utilizing RESTful API might cause a bottleneck. These iterations may or may not necessitate additional or fewer data in the frontend.
- Because of its flexibility, GraphQL does not create such a bottleneck. The frontend development iterations can continue without the need to update the backend.
- The data in the endpoint is accessed by REST API-based applications. Because the full data is returned every time, the application owner cannot get insight into individual data pieces.
- In GraphQL, a developer can access particular data components using specified queries. This allows the application’s owner to see which data items are in high demand. Furthermore, they will be aware of which data components are no longer in use by clients.
2. Serverless Architecture Solutions
Node development is well-known for serverless architecture. It implies that a developer does not need to be concerned about server maintenance while creating an application. The dependence on hardware and servers is reduced with a serverless design, resulting in lower development costs. It also has a number of benefits, the most important of which are the overall cheap project cost, excellent code quality, low module cost, and more flexibility.
3. MEAN and MERN Stacks
MEAN (MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node.JS) and MERN (MongoDB, Express, React, Node.JS) are two stacks in the field of node app development that are incredibly powerful. These technologies are open-source web and app development frameworks that allow a developer to create sophisticated applications and frontend web apps quickly.
Some of the largest software development companies in the world, such as Netflix, employ these technologies to increase their popularity. The MERN stack framework is used throughout Netflix’s website to ensure a seamless web development experience.
4. Fast and Scalable App Solutions
Node.js offers a non-blocking I/O model since it is single-threaded and asynchronous, allowing web app development companies to create quick, scalable, and adaptable applications. This implies it can run many tasks at the same time without interfering with the other.
Since Node.js has powerful capabilities like scalability and flexibility, app developers can easily provide greater feature upgrades and reach a bigger audience.
5. Real-Time Applications
People in 2021 required and demanded real-time applications for a variety of internet activities. The most prevalent application of Node.js is real-time apps. Not only do the real-time apps deliver a collection of fantastic features, but are also fast, with incredible user engagement. Live conversations, social network integration, ad servers, gamification, stock market capabilities, and other features are included in these apps. Node.js meets all of the criteria of this ecosystem.
Node.js apps can communicate with thousands of servers to operate apps that are data-intensive and real-time IoT device apps. These real-time apps, however, have one disadvantage: they might overburden a server. But the Event API and Web Sockets in Node.js allow the collaborative environment to update in real-time. Trello is one of the most well-known examples of a web app that uses a real-time collaboration paradigm.
Node.js has been a popular choice among top mobile app developers across the world due to its quick performance and open-source flexibility.
6. Internet of Things (IoT)
Since Node.js development incorporates microservices, real-time capabilities, and data-centric methods, organizations from many fields have already started recruiting professionals to develop IoT apps utilizing it. The main advantage of Node.js is that it allows for quicker real-time execution. With Node.js, app developers may construct a highly scalable and efficient IoT application since it consumes less memory and uses fewer server resources.
This feature of Node.js is already in high demand among enterprises since it allows them to create quicker and more seamless apps. Because Node.js microservices make it easier to maintain the code, developers can make changes anytime they need to without affecting the other modules of the application.
The best thing about adopting microservices is that they enable the serverless approach and have shown to be quite successful in huge projects. Because microservices enable autonomous scalability, development, deployment, and reusability, Node.js is an excellent choice for future-oriented projects.
With all of these facts and trends, it’s reasonable to conclude that the popularity of Node.js continues to grow. Its growing popularity may be attributed to its large list of features and efficiency. The Node.js framework is seeing strong growth and stability, with various sectors continually increasing their use on their platforms. If you want to get an app developed using this brilliant technology, you can hire Node developer team of our mobile app development company. To book a consultation, please contact us at any time.