Steps to Take Before Facebook Clone App Development
1. Study the Audience you are targetingYou must complete this research before you begin brainstorming what your Facebook clone looks like. People develop a social networking platform with the goal of meeting certain demands. You should have a better knowledge of the community you're going to serve. You can do that by researching their preferences, likes, dislikes, requirements, and expectations. Once you grasp these variables, you'll be more equipped with quality information to develop the Facebook clone app. It will help you comprehend the psychological components that build their identity as your customer. With this information, you'll be able to do exactly what will catch their interest. There is a possibility that the app you're trying to make doesn't yet have a market need. In this scenario, using demographic and psychographic data, you can influence and build demand for your product. This should not be a situation where you use the trial and error method. In case you miss the mark, there might be a significant financial loss. So, this must be your first and the most important step.
2. Build User PersonaAfter you study the community, you need to build a user persona. This is very crucial if you want your users to connect with your app like Facebook on a personal level. You need to ask a few questions to build the user persona.
- For whom are you developing your app?
- What exactly do they need?
3. Select a Niche and Stick to ItPeople are more likely to identify with those who share similar interests. A Facebook like app that caters to a variety of people will be more effective. People will remember you if you have a niche. They are more likely to forget about your business if you don't have a specialization. This is applicable to any product or service-based company. Consider your favorite product and think about why you love them. Or any service-based company that specializes in a certain service. You will find that there is one thing that stands out because of which you prefer. Since you want to attract specific people, the specialty and niche of your Facebook clone app are crucial. You have a particular area that you cater to with your offers and services when you have a niche. Your brand, general mission statement, and values should already reflect your unique selling characteristics.
4. Study Your CompetitorsWhile researching your rivals, you will learn about their success stories and mistakes, alike. You can utilize that as motivation. You can avoid the faults that lead to a competitor's failure. Learn from the techniques that helped them succeed. Both successful and unsuccessful competitors may teach you something. You must be ready to adapt. Take a closer look at a feature that a significant rival uses that performs great for their app. Alter it, and improve it. The most significant benefit of researching your rivals is that you have a better understanding of your own faults. Analyzing your Facebook clone app allows you to see flaws that you can fix.
5. Observe the TrendsThere are some fundamental questions that you must answer if you want to keep up with current trends.
- What are the current trends among your users?
- Check for some of the forecasted future trends?
- What kind of influence will they have on your industry?
6. Decide Features and FunctionsThe requirements and expectations of the target community you've identified shape the features of your app. It helps you answer questions like
- What do you want your users to be able to accomplish on your platform?
- What would you do to solve the security vulnerabilities and protect users and their data's privacy?