How Not to Fail While Making an App Like Instagram
1. Doing Market Research and PlanningBefore developing any app, it is important to conduct extensive research. The goal of this research and development is to assess the market position of similar apps. Since you want to create an Instagram clone App , you must focus your research on it. Study what Instagram offers and how you can improve on it. You must recognize Instagram's limitations and offer a product that covers that. There is one essential aspect that will make your app a success. It must be able to address an issue. Take the case of Instagram. There was no other app at the time when the Instagram app was released. It allowed users to share and modify images on a single platform. Basically, it solved an issue for its users. As a result, it had a million users within two months of its launch. That is one of the advantages of performing thorough and reliable research. You also have to figure out what's lacking in every photo-sharing app. Figure it out, and create your app like Instagram to fill the gaps left by other apps.
2. Having a USPOnce your market research is complete, you must work to figure out the USP (Unique Selling Point) of your app. You must communicate your goal of creating an Instagram clone app to the development team. Make a list of essential features that your app should offer. Live videos, Instagram stories, reels, IGTV, hashtags, and tagging are just a few of the features available. Make a list of these and any additional things you wish to offer your users. If you are confused about how to start, the three points mentioned below will get you going.
- Set a timeframe and a budget. Also, decide on the technologies you'll need to employ during the development process.
- Start promoting the app even if it's still in the early stages of development. Create a buzz in the market about what's going to happen. Make sure people are aware of what you have to offer.
- Create ways for receiving feedback from users. Do not make everything that your Instagram clone App has to offer available to them. Create an MVP first and validate your business idea.
3. Giving a Users a Unique ExperienceThere are several applications that follow the footsteps of Instagram. Instagram is so simple to use that even a novice user won't have trouble finding the most essential functions. You should also design your photo sharing app to deliver a pleasant and distinctive user experience. There are several ways to achieve this-
- There must be ease in switching between screens, posting Instagram stories, uploading posts, messaging, and checking feeds.
- You must display the icons in a way that users can identify them easily.
- The feed of the users should show relevant posts and regular updates must improve this experience.