In the 21st century, social media apps like Facebook are drastically revolutionizing the way people communicate. With a range of user-engaging features like multimedia content sharing, uploading and reposting, following, and exploring pages, Facebook has reached 2.7 million active users as of 2020.
Due to the outstanding success and growing addiction towards Facebook, more entrepreneurs are willing to invest in building Facebook clone apps to benefit their organization.
This article offers an understanding of why entrepreneurs must invest in an app like Facebook to boost an organization’s productivity.
An Overview of Facebook Like App
Since its launch in 2004, Facebook has been an extensive global social networking app, taking the world by storm. It is the first social network platform to reach the highest numbers of monthly active users.
Initially, it was launched on an iOS platform. Eventually by 2012, with an impressive base of 1 million, Facebook made its mark on Android. Ever since it has been holding the rank of the most widely used social media platform.
Noteworthy Facebook Statistics
- Each Facebook post has an average engagement rate of 3.4%.
- Every day, over 100 million videos are watched by active Facebook users.
- Facebook has surpassed LinkedIn in holding at least 74% of high-income earners as Facebook users.
- Daily, about 3.21 billion users visit Facebook, with a global increase in overall users globally.
- Facebook’s user base has 82% college students alongside 2 million advertisers.
- As of 2020, 6.1 million marketers have been using Facebook advertising.
Keeping the statistics in mind, Facebook is preaching and allowing most organizations to take leverage from Facebook as a potential marketing tool.
The primary objective of Facebook like apps is to allow the users to globally connect to other users. Just like Facebook, any individual aged 13 years and above may download the apps and get started with their addictive features.
Incorporating Facebook Algorithms to Create Apps Like Facebook
Facebook makes use of the algorithm management strategy to make its users stay longer on their page. It uses PHP to overcome scaling challenges, ensuring excellent performance. They have built a compiler that allows them to convert into Native Codes for web servers.
Multiple technologies like Java, C++, Hadoop, Thrift are used by Facebook to smoothly and seamlessly run their pages on different platforms under varied circumstances. Instead of being business-focused, they design content revolving around users’ close members.
In this way, genuine brands and enterprises can be put in the loop of an app like Facebook. It allows users to get in touch with content that meets their desires and needs.
Features and Functionalities for Developing a Facebook Clone App
Creating an app like Facebook comes with several benefits, namely-
- Easily connecting with the target audience.
- Enhancing engagement of users.
- Generating brand awareness.
Listed below are the important features and functionalities of Facebook to successfully build its clone app.
- Profile registration: After installation, any clone app must begin with a page for creating a user profile using his or her email ID.
- User-friendly interface: A sleek, engaging, and user-friendly interface attracts more users. It makes the potential and active users stick longer to the clone app and return repeatedly. Having a simple interface offers hassle-free registration to the app.
- Integrating other social media platforms: For popularizing the social media app, it must be integrated with top-rated social media platforms. For instance, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram to name a few. With this integration, the clone app can increase its organic traffic quickly.
- News Feed: The news updates are necessary for the users to remain updated with new releases and posts that they wish to be notified about. It also informs about private, public, and group chats that he or she is a member of.
- Notifications: Clone apps can make a significant difference in user experience by adding the push notification feature. It helps them to be notified at any time with new messages.
- Sharing files: Having higher post visibility allows more users to engage further into relatable posts. Hence, the apps must allow their users to share videos, photos, or audio content with ease. In addition, emoji, Gifs, or stickers options like that in Facebook allow users to comment in the comment section of shared or uploaded posts.
- Messaging: Facebook’s business took off majorly because of its instant messaging feature, attracting the mass. Adding this feature to the clone app helps to connect instantly to necessary users.
For building a Facebook Clone App integrated with some trending features, entrepreneurs may hire app developers from reputed companies. Some of the trending features include:
- Integrating AI and chatbots to make it market-ready and provide better features in the future.
- Face filters are trendsetters of today. Add them to your app to attract more users.
- To increase the app’s popularity, go ahead and add the live streaming option that is very popular among the influencers.
- Despite the majority of users preferring English, it is important to add multi-languages for attracting international users.
Clone App Monetization Strategies to Boost Organizational Productivity
- Direct sales: A cloned app can create good revenue through direct sales from its users. However, to put into use, make sure to create a balanced post with good content and visuals intact.
- Premium features: For creating clone apps of Facebook, the feature of filtering a user profile with relevant ads grabs more attention of the mass.
- Leading generation: Generate social media leads that are engaging, appealing, and valuable. It helps users to directly put forward queries regarding a product or service.
The cost involved in developing apps like Facebook on iOS/Android involves the following factors.
- The features involved and their complexity
- Stack of technology used
- Project timeline description
- The UI/UX design involved
- Business analysis
- The assurance of the app quality.
Developing Facebook-like clone apps require effective planning, time, development tools, and financial resources. The addition of unique features and algorithms can make an effective app. Keeping these factors in mind, the entrepreneurs may follow the aforementioned guide to develop the clone apps and help them to improve their business productivity.