While outsourcing development of a web site or Ecommerce store, there are usually two options: hire a freelance developer or a web development company. Here is a brief comparison of the two routes.
- Limited resources in terms of hardware, network and power backup
- Experience with only one or a few technologies. Cannot fully meet today’s web standards.
- May be a moonlighter or part timer, may face time constraints. Consequently, your project may run into delays and cost overruns.
- No backup in case of sickness or emergency. Can cause serious delays.
- Security can be a serious issue
- May or may not offer cost advantage vs. Quality, considering a web site is serious business proposition.
WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANY
- Higher availability of hardware, network and power backup
- Has more personnel experienced in various technologies to deliver better web experience and business standards
- Companies employ full-timers who work under a formal, structured company regime. Ability to meet agreed timelines.
- A company hires many people and can quickly assign replacements to fill short or long term absences. Timely delivery.
- As an established business concern, a web development company has serious stake in securing your trade secrets.
- Costs may be very marginally more than freelancer, but far less compared to in-house development. Superior quality is essential to achieve business goals.