Every blood donor is a lifesaver, a real hero!
Not everybody has to be a doctor to save lives. You can donate your blood and do one of the noblest acts of humanity.
Time and again Narola Infotech has played an active part in giving back to the society that has given us so much. It is not only a responsibility but a duty and honour to serve.
One of our fellow employees Mr. Paresh Makwana came up with this wonderful suggestion that we can conduct a blood donation camp under our Corporate Social Responsibility. This idea was whole-heartedly welcomed by the management and immediate arrangements were made.
We at Narola Infotech successfully conducted a blood donation camp on the 22nd of February 2020, at 1 p.m. onwards at our office premises in Surat, Gujarat.
This camp was organized in association with the “Savior Voluntary Blood Bank & Research Center”, Surat and their team of doctors.
Many members of Narola who were eligible to donate actively participated and did their bit in conducting a successful event. Each donor was awarded with a certificate thanking them for being a part of this noble cause.
Organizing this camp was a real eye-opener for many as there is much lack of knowledge and myths surrounding blood donation. This initiative gave us a platform to encourage people and share facts about the deficit of blood donors all around the world.
Did you know?
1 pint of blood donated = 3 lives saved
Yes, this is exactly why you should be donating blood. Besides this, there are many more positive effects.
Benefits of Blood Donation for the Donor:
- Prevents Hemochromatosis, a health condition where there is excessive absorption of iron in the body.
- Reduces the risk of cancer. The reduction in iron levels is linked to lower cancer risks.
- It helps largely in maintaining a healthy heart and liver.
- For those who are obese but eligible to donate blood after proper medical examination, weight loss is one of the perks.
- The body has a natural tendency to replenish the blood. Thus, it boosts cell production and aids good health.
- If you are a regular blood donor, indirectly you are monitoring your health on a regular basis with all the check-ups conducted before donation. This keeps a tab on your cholesterol levels and diabetic risks.
- You get to Save Lives.