Undoubtedly, a reliable development partner can help you with all crucial technical decisions. But prior knowledge of the best React Native libraries will help you make better decisions in less time. Therefore, in this blog, we’re going to give you an introductory sneak peek into the best React Native libraries you should know.
Before getting to know about the libraries, let’s understand,
The Importance of a React Native Component Library
Component libraries speed up React Native development projects by offering pre-developed components. These libraries often come with complete UI kits, which eliminates the need to write custom styles to implement in-built UI components.
To be precise, using component libraries in React Native offers the following benefits:
- Reusability: Component libraries come with a set of reusable UI components that can be easily used across different projects. This saves time and effort as developers don't have to create UI components from scratch for every project.
- Consistency: React Native libraries provide a consistent look and feel across different parts of the app, which makes the app more visually appealing and easier to use. This is especially important in large apps with multiple developers working on different parts of the app.
- Faster Development: These libraries offer pre-built components that can be easily integrated into an app, which saves time and effort in development. This can result in faster development cycles and quicker time to market.
- Code Quality: Component libraries are typically maintained and tested by a team of experienced developers, which can result in better code quality and fewer bugs.
- Scalability: A React Native components library can be easily scaled as the app grows in size and complexity. This ensures that the app remains maintainable and manageable over time.
10 Best React Native Libraries
There are many React Native libraries available for seamless cross-platform development. However, in this blog, we’ll explore the 10 best open-source component libraries in React Native.
NativeBase is a library that has existed since the earliest days of React Native. It’s rich with production-ready cross-platform UI components that provide basic support for regular components. Additionally, there are predefined configurations for many components that are suitable for almost all possible use cases. NativeBase also offers KitchenSink, a demo app where you can try all components via a web browser.
- Lets you personalize themes and components with Themeability
- Compatible with UI Props
- 18.4k stars GitHub Rating
- 58000+ Users
React Native Elements
React Native Elements is one of the oldest React Native libraries that come with a cross-platform UI toolkit to implement Material Design. This toolkit is a little different from the opinionated design system. With its generalized in-built components, this library offers a more basic structure which gives you more control over customizing the components. This UI toolkit offers a universal look and feel to applications across iOS and Android platforms.
- Superior support across iOS and Android platforms
- Great documentation
- Easy to use
- 23.4k stars GitHub Rating
React Native Vector Icons
This React Native library comes with 3000+ icons that can also be customized while integrating them into the app. It supports multi-style typefaces, image source, TabBar, and Toolbar Android. You can use it to create navbars, logos, and buttons. It lets you create animated components simply by combining React Native’s animated library with any icon.
- Make your apps more presentable
- 3000+ icons that can be customized
- Create animated components using any icons
React Native UI Kitten
This one’s yet another open-source library for React Native components. Based on the Eva Design System, UI Kitten offers 480 icons of its own. It helps you create customized themes along with the option to create two default visual themes. This library comes with more than 20 essential UI components that developers can use and supports the right-to-left writing system for each one of them. It's therefore a great tool for global apps.
- Better theme options
- 480+ Icons based on Eva Design System
- Supports the right-to-left writing system
- Compatible with mobile platforms and the web
Also, an IDE is a game changer to build an amazing software. Know what React IDEs to use in which cases Top 10 React IDE to Accelerate Front-End Development
Lottie For React Native
This open-source library is perfect for creating animations quickly and easily. Lottie was developed by AirBnB in 2017 to export After Effects animation in the form of JSON objects and reproduce them online and on mobile platforms. These animations are in vector format and therefore contribute to the high performance of an app. This library is very popular because of its ability to export animation data in JSON format. It works like magic.
- Apache-2.0 licensed
- Reliable community support through GitHub issues
- 15.4k stars Github Rating
React Native Maps
React Native Maps is another useful library that allows adding customizable map components to an application. You can use the components from this library to offer a better experience to the users while accessing map features. It lets you add animated effects to the components by combining them with Animated API. However, this library is compatible only with React Native ≥v0.64.3.
- Easily change the map view regions, styles, markers, and more
- Suitable for Android or iOS React Native project
- 12.2k stars GitHub Rating
If you’re planning to work with a minimal design approach, Teaset offers more than 20 components for the same. This library aims at directing the users’ focus on the app’s content more than its design. However, Teaset doesn’t support the web yet.
- Better user control and content display
- Useful modules like TabView, DrawView, and Stepper
- 600+ users
- 2.9k stars GitHub Rating
React Native Gifted Chat
There may be times when developers want to add chat screens to their React Native app. This library is a perfect solution for such instances. It offers pre-developed, customizable chat components that you use for your app without having to write the entire code from scratch.
- Highly customizable
- Supports Redux
- MIT Licensed
- 11.9k stars GitHub Rating
Shoutem UI is a great choice if you’ve been looking for something that’s more professional. This open-source library is a part of the Shoutem UI toolkit. It offers 25 customizable and composable UI components that come with predefined styles. You can also use the Shoutem themes library for styling and the animation components library to add animations.
- Wide range of app themes to choose from
- The Parallax effect
- MIT Licensed
- Good community support
React Native Paper
This cross-platform UI library is based on Google’s Material Design. React Native Paper was developed by Callstack. It offers great theming support and production-ready, customizable components. Using the Babel plugin, this library allows you to reduce the bundle size. The plugin rewrites important statements excluding all modules that your app won’t use.
- Supports over 30 components
- Compatible with the web using React Native Web
- MIT licensed
- 9.8k stars GitHub Rating
React Native App Development @Narola Infotech
There are many React Native libraries that can help your development team achieve desired goals. We hope this blog gives you an idea about some of the best libraries you can utilize for your project.
Along with the best tools and frameworks, skills and expertise play a major role in a project’s successful completion. Thus seeking reliable React Native app development services should be your foremost concern.
Narola Infotech has 17+ years of experience, delivering robust software solutions across industries. We’re a team of 350+ IT experts (developers, designers, quality analysts, and more) who hold the best experience in handling national and international projects seamlessly.
Whether you want a flawless software solution for your company or want to fill the technical skill gap within your development team, we would be glad to extend a serving hand.
For services or queries, feel free to drop your details in the contact form below and we’ll reach out to you shortly!