Yii framework is gaining popularity for web application development as it helps a developer to build a structured, efficient, and compliant website in minimal time. As per a survey on some famous PHP frameworks, it has been considered that Yii is amongst the best 5 most used PHP web development frameworks. The Yii framework is an open-source, object-oriented, MVC based, and light-weighted PHP framework. It comes with: MVC, DAO/ActiveRecord, caching, I18N/L10N, authentication, role-based access control, scaffolding, and testing, etc. The Yii application development process has advanced caching, which makes it more useful for web applications with high traffic streams and represents the next generation of the PHP web application development frameworks.
The advantage of using Yii Framework –
- Yii framework reduces the size of the development team and offers a few tools (such as Gii) to automate many of the repetitive tasks in projects, which are required to work on the project. That is implemented by a multitude of automation services provided by Yii.
That also reduces the strength of the event team required to work on the project. It lets the entrepreneur store lots of time and money, and save their attention on core business which commonly can be procured for other developmental projects.
- It also offers a set of highly intuitive and extensible tools for rapidly generating code using features such as CRUD and form inputs.
- Yii Application Development comes with security mechanisms such as XSS (Cross-Site Scripting), CSRF (Cross-Site Request Forgery) to prevent any security concern.
- It always has chances of malicious code being injected into the posts while gathering any data from users. Yii’s component ‘CHtmlPurifier’ removes all the harmful data and ensures to have filtered content following the essential standards.
- Yii comes with default XSS (Cross-Site Request Forgery) validation, which prevents any unwanted action on a trusted site and helps to defeat the POST based attacks.
- Yii comes with a cookie validation technique and prevents cookies from being modified. It runs HMAC (Hash-based message authentication code) to check for cookie value.
- This powerful framework does not tend to succumb under pressure as other web development platforms do. It can adjust itself according to the business requirements and strives to perform well under heavy traffic pressure. It is a highly robust, scalable, and extensible tool for any application development.
A web app development often requires repetitive assignments, that waste most of the time and energy. Yii app development tools help developers to save more time revising the application to suit all business needs.
- Reserving/Catching is a very effective way to improve web application performance. It also allows saving both SQL/Active and static data record queries, while reducing time in lots of page loading and improving the speed and performance of the web application and for Mobile app development. Additionally, it ensures to give the best user experience.
Catching is an effective way that enhances the speed and performance of the web application. Yii permits easy integration of a cache application component. It has a smart and seamless caching system for Memcache, XCache, ABC, and DB, and supports ActiveRecord for NoSQL and Relational databases.
- The Yii Application Development process is supportive of a wide range of wizards for conducting tasks such as CRUDing (creating, reading, updating, deleting), which makes it unique as this is not something we find in any other framework.
- Easy configuration and Huge community support is a remarkable feature in Yii, which is straightforward and simple and has great community support. Its basic structure can easily get the download from the Yii framework website or through the composer. After downloading it, the developer simply has to connect the files with the database and give the configuration of the database, from the configuration file, to make it ready to run.
Yii offers numerous features such as live chat, forums, and discussion groups, gatherings, talk gatherings, news, and hall of fame. Adding badges features, developers can earn badges by meeting the certain set criteria. Criteria are mentioned in the Yii Framework community.
Now let’s have a look at the disadvantages of Yii –
- Its dependency on static methods creates difficulties for developers.
- It does not provide AR queries.
- While working on this, developers need to have previous PHP web development programming language knowledge to work efficiently.
The advantages of Yii, outnumber the disadvantages and make this framework beneficial & worthwhile for developers.
A few remarkable Features of the Yii Framework for Web Application Development
- It provides full support for composing and running unit tests along with functionality tests depending on the Selenium and PHP Unit.
- Using the GII Tool, it supports the fast age of code for CRUD and shape input.
- Comes with Exceedingly Pluggable and via composer or direct instal can utilize any third-party code.
- Message interpretation, date and time organizing, interface localization and number formatting and user utility capacities are natively supported.
Yii framework comes with a mindset to change the way of thinking about frameworks as once it gets installed in a system; it will automatically set the websites running in a fully functional form. In fact features such as security against any cyber attack, smart catching system, controller supporting and abundance of thems & structures helps Yii Development Company to come up with the seamless web and mobile app development procedure.